Born in 1972 in Ste Foy lès Lyon (69), Fabrice Jünger studied in Lyon and then in High Conservatory of Geneva (Switzerland).
Since 1992 he belongs to “l’Ensemble Orchestral Contemporain” (dir.D.Kawka) as solo flutist, teacher in pedagogical actions and composer and produced himself in many places(Roma, Porto,Mecklemburg’s Festival, Berlin, Warsaw, Prag, Bratislava, Montréal, Sao Paulo, Paris,…). Very attracted by new technologies, he collaborates regularly with GRAME around new softwares dealing with realtime electronic process in music like Elody, Max, Faust …
Moreover, he’s invited as soloist for playing masterpieces of the XX th century (Radio-France, Festivals Musiques en scène – Lyon, Manca – Nice, Novelum – Toulouse , Moscow ,St Petersburg, Rome, Berlin, Paris, Pékin, Shanghai – Seoul, Goteborg, …). Recently, he performed as soloist :
- Antiphysis de Hugues DUFOURT (Musica-Strasbourg en 2004 , Lyon 2005, Torino 2009, Milano 2010)
- La partition du ciel et de l’enfer de MANOURY (Musiques en scène Lyon 2006) ;
- La maison du sourd de Hugues DUFOURT (Warszawska Jesien 2007, 38èmes Rugissants – Grenoble 2009).
- Shadows de Peter EOTVOS (Musiques en scène Lyon 2008) ;
- L’Etude des forces de JEAN LOUIS AGOBET (Mai aux eclats Loire 2008)
- Memoriale de Boulez (Madrid 2010, Genève 2011)
He started composition after meeting Eliott Carter and Edison Denisov and created many sorts of works, educational or concert pieces and spectacles mixing music and visual (video, lightning, dance). Some of them are published by Notissimo editions (Leduc).
Hese last educational works brought together more than 100 musicians in his Rondo de la méduse , or Ombres portées commissioned by Culture Ministry and composed recently “Fireworks” for ensemble, “Mury rosna” (45′) for a wind band and electronic. His recording of Antiphysis received in 2009 a “Diapason d’or” best award from magazin Diapason.